Whether your railcar offloading material handling challenges are the same from day to day, or change from railcar to railcar, Deca railcar shakeout vibrators make unloading faster and easier.
From powdery cement or fine sand, to coarser grains, chemicals, plastics, ores, coal, or other organic/inorganic hard-to-flow materials, we carry railcar vibrators for every purpose. Railcar vibrators help loosen materials compacted from settling during transit. They agitate and loosen larger angular shaped particles that can wedge together. They can even help to break up hydroscopic materials subject to bridging, arching, or rat holing when they are exposed to moisture or humidity due to changing environmental conditions.
Deca hydraulic and pneumatic vibrators offer a range of frequency and amplitude combinations. Adjustable frequencies help you cope with a range of material conditions. Rotary and linear force profiles address a wide range of particle size and flow characteristics.
Our team brings more than three decades of on-the-job experience in the vibration industry to help you define the particular motive force, size, and style that best addresses your application.
Here are a few of the characteristics to consider in evaluating your best vibrator choice for covered or uncovered hopper railcar applications:
- MATERIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Material characteristics are always a key consideration when choosing any vibrator. Knowing the type, density, volume, flowability and moisture content of materials offloaded in your applications will help a Deca representative guide you to the right railcar shaker.
- VOLUME: How frequently do you need to attach and run a railcar vibrator to assist with offloading? The more frequent the need, the more important the attachment style and weight of the railcar vibrator can become.
- BUDGET: Cost is certainly an important consideration, but should not be the primary decision making criteria. Make sure that any railcar vibrator you evaluate can accommodate the range of material handling requirements you face, then consider both the initial purchase price along with the relative cost of power requirements and manpower in use.
- POWER SOURCE/SITE CONDITIONS: Does your railcar-offloading site already have access to pneumatic, hydraulic, or electric power? How costly will it be to install, consume, and maintain a new power source?
- LABOR: By their very nature, railroad car vibrators get moved frequently. Consider your workers and the impact of a lighter or heavier vibrator compared to the offload capacity it is expected to handle. Doing so will increase the safety and ultimately the performance of your staff.
Having a range of Deca railcar vibrators that use different forces to create the vibration needed for a range of applications improves the likelihood of finding the best one for your needs.
CONVENIENT POWER AND MOUNTING OPTIONS
With both hydraulic and pneumatic powered railcar vibrators providing adjustable frequency and a wide range of force and amplitude ratings, Deca railcar vibrators can move just about any material in any style of railcar. Consider the advantages of these proven railcar vibrator options.
- DH ROTARY HYDRAULIC VIBRATORS deliver moderate amplitude performance at low to moderate frequencies to move up to 35,000 lbs. of powdered or small-particle materials from a railcar hopper. Clamp-on and cradle-mount styles provide convenience for easy attachment.
- DP ROTARY PNEUMATIC VIBRATORS offer a broader range of force, frequency, and amplitude options to handle a wider range of material handling requirements. This range of choices offers more versatility for storage or production environments where multiple types of material are delivered to one location. Clamp-on and cradle-mount styles provide convenience for easier portability and attachment.
- CR PNEUMATIC HIGH-FREQUENCY ROLLER VIBRATORS – High frequency ranges, single or dual-roller designs, and the ability to handle material weights up to 76,000 lbs. qualify this powerful design to handle the largest storage capacities of any Deca railcar vibrator.
- SERIES 4400 PNEUMATIC PISTON RAILCAR VIBRATORS – High force and high amplitude outputs, plus a linear impact motion, create the potential to handle a wide variety of materials – from fine sand and cement, to larger particles, grains, chemicals, plastics, and even coarser ores and coal.
CONSIDER THESE EXTREME LEVELS OF PERFORMANCE
- All hydraulic and pneumatic Deca hopper railcar vibrators offer the ability to throttle back on frequency and output force by regulating the flow of air or hydraulic fluid to the vibrator unit.
- Sealed designs stand up to the harshest, dirtiest, sloppiest work environments without problems, including outdoor operation and wash downs without worry about electrical hazards.
- Heavy-duty construction provides long life with the convenience of low maintenance for occasional cleaning, or bearing or seal replacement.
- Linear-force piston vibrators deliver the highest amplitude performance for coarse, chunky, or sticky bulk materials.
- Frequency ranges run up to 19,000 vibrations per minute, depending on the vibrator model and size.
- Output forces up to 7,800 lbs. are capable of moving material weights up to 78,000 lbs. in the tapered portion of a hopper.
- Vibrator unit weights start as low as 15 lbs. for easier positioning and mounting in the field.
- Versatile mounting styles offer convenience for more frequent attachment and detachment.
MAKE RAILCAR OFFLOADING EASIER AND FASTER
From mixed particle sizes, to sticky materials, to problematic environmental concerns, Deca Railcar Vibrators have an outstanding performance record for speeding the offloading process and clearing railcars completely.
Benefit from 35 years of Deca experience in railcar offloading. Ask a Deca representative for an example of a material application similar to yours, to learn what solutions have worked for others in similar situations. Call toll free, 866.384.3788, or write to Sales@Decavibrator.com.