Wherever you are in your evaluation process, speaking with an experienced Deca representative can give your better insights for making your optimum choice.
- DIRECT REPLACEMENT – Instead of simply replacing a worn or broken vibrator unit with another identical unit, take a few minutes to review your
options with a Deca bulk material-handling specialist. You might discover how to achieve the desired results with a more efficient or a longer lasting solution.
- REDESIGNING A BETTER SOLUTION – If you need to resolve specific problems in your existing material handling process, let Deca show you how to
diagnose the potential shortcomings of the current approach. We will evaluate all relevant aspects of your current installation, identify and quantify the
physical challenges, and make recommendations to address key facets of your operation. You can discover not only multiple new options, but also the reasons behind choosing the one that’s best for your needs.
- MATCHING INSIGHTS TO OUTCOMES IN NEW APPLICATIONS – Bigger is not always better. Proper sizing and an appropriate balance of force,
frequency, and amplitude go a long way toward delivering more consistent and efficient performance in new applications. A Deca representative will show how our experience with your particular bulk material characteristics, operating conditions, and different modes of vibration or agitation can point you in a
WHATEVER THE MATERIAL…
For more than 35 years, Deca has been analyzing and remedying material handling problems across a wide range of substances, industries, and application
environments. Understanding the characteristics of each helps us deliver the best overall technology for your application.
FINE POWDERS – Deca delivers multiple ways to keep fine dry powders – such as cement, gypsum, flour, starches, and other food or pharmaceutical powders –
free flowing throughout your operations. Each solution can be tailored to fight the typical problems of bridging, arching, rat holing, clinging, or compaction
encountered with such powdered materials.
- High-frequency, low-amplitude vibration typical in rotary electric and pneumatic vibrators agitates fine dry powders to keep them flowing freely.
- Low-frequency, high-amplitude pneumatic or electric impactors and hammers can clear virtually every spec of clinging powder from bin and hopper walls.
This is especially helpful for applications such as transfer hoppers or weigh-batch hoppers where it is important to release the full measured contents of the
- Material flow aids and bulk material handling aids – such as Deca BA Series bin activators, vibrating bin aerators, and the Deca Air-Slide Flow Aid system –
enable you to vibrate the material instead of the vessel holding or to aerate materials clinging to the walls, to help them flow freely.
- Pneumatic Whips, Power Lances, the Cardox CO2 gas expansion system, and the Deca Air-Slide Flow Aid System offer multiple solutions to remediate heavy
compaction of fine powders and other materials within large silos or hoppers.
COARSE/ANGULAR GRANULES – The more coarse the material, the greater the likelihood of needing higher amplitude vibration to break up clogs, prevent
them from re-forming, and keep material flowing. Adjustable eccentric weights in rotary electric vibrators, adjustable air pressures in rotary pneumatic vibrators,
and regulation of flow rates in hydraulic vibrators, are all ways that Deca gives you flexibility to adapt to changing requirements. You can start initially with the
minimal amplitude/frequency required, and then ramp up as conditions become more problematic.
STICKY MATERIALS – Some consistently sticky materials – such as sugar, adhesives, and pharmaceutical excipients – always demand special handling
considerations. Others – such as organic/hygroscopic materials – can become more of an issue as they absorb moisture due to atmospheric humidity or
condensation triggered by heating and cooling cycles. Deca offers multiple units to deal with either condition:
- Variable force, frequency, and amplitude adjustments available in various Deca vibrator models allow you to fine-tune vibration profiles according to the
substances or environmental conditions in your material handling applications.
- Pneumatic material flow aids such as vibrating bin aerators, fluidizing pads, and fluidization nozzles deliver aeration at key locations to break up the
adhesion, bridging, or clogging of such materials within bins, hoppers, silos, and conveyors.
- Deca also offers multiple ways to remediate already clogged bins, silos, and hoppers from the outside of the vessel. Each offers a quicker, easier, and safer way to relieve clogs, with minimal costly downtime and without requiring workers to enter the vessel.
CONCRETE AND REFRACTORY MATERIAL COMPACTION – Deca vibrator solutions can also help you create desirable compaction to improve product
quality in concrete casting applications and in refractory molds for foundry casting applications. Based on the application and the nature of the materials to
be compacted, vibratory forces can be applied in linear, elliptical, or rotary patterns. These abilities help eliminate air from wet concrete, condense
aggregates for consistent high-quality pre-stressed or cast concrete production, and ensure solid compaction of refractory materials for consistent quality in
foundry casting applications.
WHATEVER YOUR INDUSTRY OR APPLICATION…
Gain the advantage of years of Deca hands-on experience solving bulk material handling problems across virtually every industry classification and product
- AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS – including feed materials, fertilizers, grains, and produce
- BULK TRANSPORTATION – handling powdery, granular, or hygroscopic materials in railcar offloading and bulk truck offloading applications
- CEMENT PLANTS – moving raw materials and finished products to and from storage, throughout the plant, all the way to final bagging operations
- CHEMICALS – taking advantage of specialty vibrators and equipment designed to tolerate a wide range of compositions – aluminum hydroxide,
borax, calcium chloride, chlorine powder, citric acid, potassium permanganate, sulfur, etc. – including harsh materials and environments as well as
hygroscopic or tacky materials
- CONCRETE PRODUCTION – including material handling of raw ingredients, compaction of prestressed or complex precast concrete castings with or
without synchronous motor vibrators, as well as immersion concrete vibrators for pre-cast construction, flatwork, roads, bridges, columns, etc.
- ELECTRONICS PRODUCTION AND TESTING – Meet demands for precise vibration profiles in prototype stress and durability testing. Identify loose or
faulty components, poor electrical bonds or solder joints for QC qualification of finished products. Simulate transportation handling in order to test final
- FOOD PROCESSING – for handling baking powder, cereal, cocoa, coffee, cookie dough, cracker meal, raw food products, salt, sugar, dehydrated food
products, grains, and other similar products
- FOUNDRY OPERATIONS – including the transport of foundry sands, compaction of production molds, and shakeout of finished molded products
- INDUSTRIAL PROCESSING AND PRODUCTION – for handling of adhesives, carbon, detergents, fly ash, gypsum, plastics, powdered paints, resins, toner, and other raw materials, as well as conveying, feeding, sorting, or screening small finished metal parts and plastic parts
- MINING & MINERALS – handle metal ores including aluminum, copper, lead, zinc, plus other materials ranging from aggregates, cement, clay, and coal, to fly ash, gypsum, kaolin, limestone, phosphates, all types of sands, soda ash, zinc
- PACKAGING OPERATIONS – includes conveying and dispensing powdery, granular, or sticky materials and irregularly shaped products and components from storage, as well as de-aerating liquids or settling and compacting dry products for packaging and shipping efficiency. These can range from powdered, dehydrated, and frozen foods to plastic powders, resins, and pellets, to sand, fiberglass, ceramics, powdered metals, and small metal or plastic parts
- PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTION – including pharmaceutical excipients, oxides, phosphates, starches
- REFRACTORY APPLICATIONS – including kilns, crucibles, ovens, incinerators, reactors, furnaces, and molds for casting glass and metals
Capitalize on standard and customized products designed to tolerate unique environmental conditions or satisfy specific industry standards, without
compromising the vibration performance needed to keep materials or processes flowing as desired:
- EXPLOSION-PROOF ATEX Class 1 and Class 2-rated units to accommodate operation in dusty or fume-laden explosive environments
- IP-RATED DESIGNS for wet environments or applications subject to frequent wash downs
- FOOD-GRADE units designed for easier disassembly and cleaning, or to withstand frequent mandatory wash downs with sanitizing agents
- STAINLESS STEEL housings to tolerate caustic materials, frequent wash downs, or sanitary procedures in food, pharmaceutical, or chemical plant
- OSHA-compliant units designed to meet standards for low-noise operation in manned production environments
- HERMETICALLY SEALED CONTINUOUS DUTY electric vibrators to withstand the most punishing outdoor environments
- NATURAL FREQUENCY CONVEYORS to provide smooth, consistent, and efficient feeding that automatically compensates for variations in material loads
and delivers consistent feed rates at angles up to a 15-degree decline
- HIGH TEMPERATURE and non-lubricating vibrators help to minimize maintenance requirements in demanding applications
- COMPLEMENTARY PRODUCTS like valves, gates, screw conveyors, pressure-relief valves, and bin vents that help meter or shut-off material flows and suppress dust release from hoppers or silos being filled at high capacity rates
- AIR POWERED FLOW AIDS AND SYSTEMS that help ensure material flow without noisy vibration or stress on structural systems
- BLOCKAGE CLEARING SOLUTIONS that can safely slice through the toughest build-up or accumulation of materials from outside your storage silos, hoppers, rotary kilns, and other structures
Ask your Deca representative about our in-depth understanding of specific process and material handling equipment that helps maximize product
performance in bins, hoppers, and silos of every shape and size, as well as:
- Conveyor Transfer Points
- Dust Collectors
- Larry Cars
- QC Test Tables
- Rotary Kilns and Chutes
- Spray Dryers
- Vibratory Tables
ENGINEER A BETTER SOLUTION
Even the simplest vibrator decision merits an appropriate understanding of the vessel, material characteristics, process, and operating requirements or
conditions. But in particularly troublesome applications, demand in-depth engineering evaluation and calculations to account for extreme circumstances,
physical demands, and an appropriate margin for error and safety. That is where wide-ranging Deca expertise gained from more than 35 years of experience across numerous industries and applications offers greater advantage for engineering better solutions.
Before committing your budget to any specific implementation, discuss your operating conditions and concerns with a Deca material handling specialist. Call
toll free, 866.384.3788, or email Sales@Decavibrator.com.