Series VFS Butterfly Valves (14 Products)
VFS Butterfly Valves consist of two high-pressure die-cast semi-bodies manufactured from aluminum alloy, a swivel disc in SINT® polymer composite or cast iron, and a pre-stressed elastomer seal. For the food industry a version with stainless steel disc and integral FDA-approved seal is available. While V1FS comes with a top flange and a bottom section suitable for the attachment of a flexible sleeve, V2FS has an identical top and bottom flange.
Deca VFS Butterfly Valves are constructed from an aluminum alloy for high strength, and a pre-stressed elastomer seal for high performance. They come in a number of models suited to just about any application. We’re standing by to match you with the ideal butterfly valve solution for your operation.
Deca butterfly valves are manufactured to exacting specifications from high quality components. They are highly configurable to adapt to almost any application, and readily available when you need them. That’s why there are well over a million units in service.
We are ready to answer your question and learn more about your operation so we can help you tailor a solution to best fit your needs. Call now to speak to one of our experienced applications specialists.
Benefits of Deca Butterfly Valves
- Few components
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Interchangeable discs
- Highly abrasion-resistant
- Easy to fit
- Quick maintenance
- Ex-stock delivery
- V1FS with top flange and beaded bottom section suitable for fixing a flexible sleeve
- V2FS with identical top and bottom flange
- Dust tight and pressure-proof up to 0.2 bar (2.9 PSI)
- High-pressure, aluminum alloy die-cast semi-bodies
- Disc in cast iron, SINT engineering polymer, or stainless steel
- Seals for standard or food-grade applications
- Made up of few components
- Used for powders, granules, pellets
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- ATEX –certified
- Compliant with EN 1935/2004 standards
- Food-grade version with stainless steel disc and integral seal
Design Matters: Here are a Few Things to Consider
Good design features solid corrosion protection.
- Deca butterfly valves come in a variety of materials and optional coatings making them highly responsive to almost any environment. We’re certain you’ll experience solid, reliable performance for many, many production cycles.
Good design features a solid connection.
- The bolted connections featured on our valves are the standard in the industry and extremely reliable because they ensure a tight, long-lasting seal and are easy to maintain.
Good design features a reliable opening mechanism.
- Our valve design has been refined over millions of units and even the smallest improvements have been considered. The valve stem is no exception. Our engineers have designed it to withstand heavy use so you’ll get more life and more production cycles when you choose Deca butterfly valve seals.
Good design prevents dirt from entering the bearing.
- Our bearings are made to last for many cycles, but only if they are protected from harmful abrasives. We’ve design our bearing seals to withstand even the toughest environments in order to ensure superior bearing life.
Good design features easy release.
- Deca butterfly valves feature highly durable pre-stressed elastomer seals which are tough enough to withstand harsh environments but pliable enough to allow for easy operation.
A Word about how Butterfly Valves
Butterfly valves are utilized when operators want to isolate or regulate flow of bulk material. A disc is used to open and close a gap in the valve, and features quick on/off control. An actuating rod controls the position of the disc. Because the disc is positioned in the center of the material flow a regulated drop in pressure is always achieved. Butterfly valves are typically chosen for their low cost, and lightweight design versus other regulation devices.
Standard vs. High Performance Butterfly Valves
- We sometimes get customers who are curious or confused about the need for what is commonly referred to in our industry as “high performance” butterfly valves. The reason for and recommended use for these specialized valves is simple: The material being regulated.
- In short if you application is dealing with gas or liquid you will require the extra performance of a high performance type valve. If you are dealing with powders or some other solid you will not typically require the performance or need to pay the additional cost of this type of valve.